Things to do
The “Relais de la Poste” is a welcoming bar/restaurant, which specializes in local cuisine and is just 2 minutes walk from the Portail Haut. The restaurant is open everyday except on wednesdays.
Tel: 05 81 21 00 57
La Mouline is a quiet parkland, just below the village, which runs alongside the Aveyron and camping. It’s lovely for a stroll and has a few picnic tables, amongst the trees, as well as a designated area for playing boules.
A day of organized activities takes place in July with kayaking, archery, a boules competition and a meal of the local “aligot” (a delicious elastic purée of potato, garlic, butter, cheese and crème fraiche).
The farm Felix
This is a local farm where they produce home-made foie gras, confit and more.
You’ll see the ducks out in the fields just 2 kms from Prévinquières.
Tel: 033 (0)5 65 81 97 02
Previnquieres town hall
Prévinquières “comune”: www.previnquieres.fr
Rieupeyroux tourist office, cinema and arts centre: www.ot-rieupeyroux-lasalvetatpeyrales.fr Tel: 05 65 65 60 00
www.centreculturelaveyron.fr Tel: 05 65 65 29 86 79
Rignac tourist office: www.pays-rignacois.com
There is a good swimming pool at RIEUPEYROUX, 10kms from Prévinquières
Audio guide - “OREILLES EN BALADE”
Explore the village and its rural heritage, told by the inhabitants, with eight points, in and around the village. You can listen to an interesting commentary about the life and history of Prévinquières, relating to where you are standing.
The audioguide is to be requested at the restaurant, find us on Oreillesenbalade.eu
HIKING from Prévinquières
There are lovely walks, in wild and beautiful countryside, along the Aveyron gorges to BELCASTEL, COMPOLIBAT and more.
The trails are marked; PERVENCHE 1 (1 hr 15mins), PERVENCHE 2 (2hrs 30mins), and SENTIERS DU MAQUIS (3hrs), place of resistance in Aveyron during the last war 39-45.
There is also rock climbing at COMPOLIBAT.
TOURIST EXCURSIONS, historical and architectural heritage of Rouergue
- BELCASTEL and its castle built in the year 1000, its picturesque village located 15 km from Prévinquières and 24 km from RODEZ.
- BOURNAZEL and its 16th century Renaissance castle, a major building of this périod, and its medieval gardens, located 16 km.
- VILLENEUVE, Sauveté in the 11th century, then feodal city bastide in the 13th century, very well preserved, located at 19 km.
- L'EGLISE PRE-ROMANE de TOULONGERGUE, located at 5 km from Villeneuve.
- SAUVETERRE de ROUERGUE, royal bastide of the 13th century, urban medieval city and its artisans, located at 30 km.
- NAJAC and its royal fortress of the 12 and 13th centuries, overlooking the gorges of Aveyron, located at 39 km.
- VILLEFRANCHE de ROUERGUE, bastide of the 13th century, its urbanism and monuments preserved until today, located at 28 km.
- RODEZ, Prefecture, two thousand years old, its magnificent Cathedral, its museum SOULAGE, located at 40 km.
- CONQUES located at 45 km, is a medieval village, classified among the most beautiful villages of France ; and so many other small villages to discover for their beauty and authenticity in the region.
On a Thursday morning, mingle with the local people in Villefranche de Rouergue’s picturesque market where you find colorful stalls in the central square selling local produce.
There are also night markets in the high season which you can find out about through the local Tourist Office. There is also a chance to enjoy the local speciality of duck-wing dinners on August weekends.
On Tuesday mornings, there is another attractive local-produce market at Rignac, and on Saturday at Rieupeyroux, just 10Km away from Prévinquières.